Academic Internship Requirements
- Students who want to pursue an academic internship need to have completed 12 credit hours and maintain a cumulative 2.0 GPA.
- Students who want to pursue an academic internship are required to work with a faculty adviser who will oversee the term of the internship. Students who have a preferred faculty member identified should secure authorization from that faculty member prior to starting the internship. Career Services will assist students who do not have a faculty member identified.
- All internship positions will need to be approved by the Career Services Center and the appropriate academic department.
- Academic internships must coincide with an appropriate academic term. The Career Services Center can assist students with the available options.
- All internship hours must be completed during the same term the student is enrolled in the internship class.
- Academic credit is earned by completing the required work hours and the academic assignments identified by the faculty adviser.
- Internship credit is earned by the following work hour calculations:
- 75 work hours + coursework = 1 credit
- 150 work hours + coursework = 2 credits
- 225 work hours + coursework = 3 credits
- 300 work hours + coursework = 4 credits
Student Services Center (SSC) Room 3258
FAX (630) 858-9394
Monday to Thursday, 8 a.m. to 6 p.m.
Friday, 8 a.m. to 5 p.m.
2014 College of DuPage