COD at a Glance
College of DuPage Institutional Profile
- Among the state's public colleges and universities, College of DuPage, with more than 28,000 students, is the second largest provider of undergraduate education in the State of Illinois, after University of Illinois at Urbana-Champaign.
- More than 25 percent of all District 502 high school graduates attend College of DuPage during their college career.
- Each semester, around 28,000 students attend College of DuPage.
- The Glen Ellyn campus covers 273 acres and has eleven major buildings.
- COD currently has 82 total degree programs – Nine associate degrees are granted by College of DuPage; 74 are associate in applied science degrees in 42 different career and technical subject areas. In addition to associate degrees, the College offers 178 certificates in 53 different career and technical subject areas.
- Roughly 20 percent of students attending COD already possess a bachelor's degree or higher.
- The College of DuPage Library maintains a collection of 245,800 books, 285,000 microfiche, 29,500 video recordings (VHS and DVD), 20,700 sound recordings (CDs), 527 current periodical subscriptions (7,900 bound periodical back files), and 18 newspapers.
- There are more than 60 student clubs and organizations on campus.
- College of DuPage is accredited by The Higher Learning Commission.
News at COD
An innovative internship program is giving College of DuPage students who are veterans a chance to gain valuable work experience at Fermilab.Read More
Held Sept. 17, the Food Truck Rally & Sunset 5K featured tasty treats from 15 vendors, including COD's Culinary program, kids games, "touch-a-truck" and ice sculpting before runners took to COD's grounds for a scenic sunset 5K. Local favorite Tributosaurus closed out the evening in a performance at the Lakeside Pavilion.Read More
Marco Hartnett gained valuable experience working in his own lab space during a summer chemistry internship at the University of Split in Croatia.Read More
The new Landscape Contracting and Management degree will prepare graduates to design, implement and maintain landscape projects in horticulture-related careers.Read More
College of DuPage
425 Fawell Blvd., Glen Ellyn IL
60137 (630) 942-2800
2016 College of DuPage