COD at a Glance
College of DuPage Institutional Profile
- Among the state's public colleges and universities, College of DuPage, with more than 28,000 students, is the second largest provider of undergraduate education in the State of Illinois, after University of Illinois at Urbana-Champaign.
- More than 25 percent of all District 502 high school graduates attend College of DuPage during their college career.
- Each semester, around 28,000 students attend College of DuPage.
- The Glen Ellyn campus covers 273 acres and has eleven major buildings. The Glen Ellyn campus is currently undergoing renovation and expansion through the Facilities Master Plan, which has an anticipated completion date of 2014.
- College of DuPage has moved from a traditional model of accreditation to the Academic Quality Improvement Program (AQIP), a quality-based, continuous improvement model of accreditation through The Higher Learning Commission (HLC), a Commission of the North Central Association of Colleges and Schools (NCA). This model is based on the Malcolm Baldrige National Quality Award Program and incorporates a review process designed to deliver clear, concrete and efficient feedback to participating institutions.
- College of DuPage offers more than 90 certificates programs and degrees for today’s occupational and technical careers, and nine associate’s degrees in 59 occupational and 45 transfer pre-baccalaureate programs.
- Roughly 20 percent of students attending COD already possess a bachelor's degree or higher.
- The College of DuPage Library maintains a collection of 245,800 books, 285,000 microfiche, 29,500 video recordings (VHS and DVD), 20,700 sound recordings (CDs), 527 current periodical subscriptions (7,900 bound periodical back files), and 18 newspapers.
- There are more than 50 student clubs and organizations on campus.
- College of DuPage is accredited by The Higher Learning Commission (Member, North Central Association) and Academic Quality Improvement Program Participant.
Seaton Computer Center Remodel
College of DuPage will begin extensive renovations on the Seaton ComputingCenter that will transform the 20-year-old building into a showcase facility.
News at COD
The College of DuPage Field and Experiential Learning program will host its "Study Abroad 2015" Open House on Thursday, Oct. 9.Read More
The European Studies Committee at College of DuPage will present its annual European Film Festival Sept. 30 to Oct. 2.Read More
The Ideas to Profits Business Conference will be held on Nov. 7, which will include the Business Pitch Contest with a $5,000 grand prize.Read More
The COD Women's Studies Committee will present "Women and Religion in the Modern World: A Discussion of Women in Contemporary Judaism and Hinduism" from 7 to 8:30 p.m. on Thursday, Oct. 2.Read More
2014 College of DuPage