COD at a Glance
College of DuPage Institutional Profile
- Among the state's public colleges and universities, College of DuPage, with more than 28,000 students, is the second largest provider of undergraduate education in the State of Illinois, after University of Illinois at Urbana-Champaign.
- More than 25 percent of all District 502 high school graduates attend College of DuPage during their college career.
- Each semester, around 28,000 students attend College of DuPage.
- The Glen Ellyn campus covers 273 acres and has eleven major buildings. The Glen Ellyn campus is currently undergoing renovation and expansion through the Facilities Master Plan, which has an anticipated completion date of 2014.
- College of DuPage has moved from a traditional model of accreditation to the Academic Quality Improvement Program (AQIP), a quality-based, continuous improvement model of accreditation through The Higher Learning Commission (HLC). This model is based on the Malcolm Baldrige National Quality Award Program and incorporates a review process designed to deliver clear, concrete and efficient feedback to participating institutions.
- College of DuPage offers more than 90 certificates programs and degrees for today’s occupational and technical careers, and nine associate’s degrees in 59 occupational and 45 transfer pre-baccalaureate programs.
- Roughly 20 percent of students attending COD already possess a bachelor's degree or higher.
- The College of DuPage Library maintains a collection of 245,800 books, 285,000 microfiche, 29,500 video recordings (VHS and DVD), 20,700 sound recordings (CDs), 527 current periodical subscriptions (7,900 bound periodical back files), and 18 newspapers.
- There are more than 50 student clubs and organizations on campus.
- College of DuPage is accredited by The Higher Learning Commission and Academic Quality Improvement Program Participant.
News at COD
DuPage Chorale, under the direction of Lee R. Kesselman, with the DuPage Chorale Orchestra provide an evening of inspirational choral music composed by Leonard Bernstein, Wolfgang Mozart, Felix Mendelssohn and Vaughan WilliamsRead More
The 85-member DuPage Community Concert Band performs its holiday concert, combining traditional and non-traditional selections including works by Academy Award-winning composer John Williams.Read More
More than 130 counselors, educators, parents, policy-makers and students gathered for the "From Classroom to Career symposium.Read More
College of DuPage
425 Fawell Blvd., Glen Ellyn IL
60137 (630) 942-2800
2015 College of DuPage