Blackboard's Performance Dashboard provides the instructor with a quick overview of each student’s performance within the course. Many instructors use the Performance Dashboard to see when the student last logged in to the course.
To access the Performance Dashboard:
- Go to the Control Panel
- In the Evaluation area, click Performance Dashboard.
- The Performance Dashboard will be displayed.
You can sort the data in following columns, but you cannot change or review it:
- Last Name
- First Name
- Last Course Access – This column displays the date the student last accessed the course.
- Days Since Last Course Access – This column displays the number of days which have passed since the student last logged in.
You can use the following columns to report on other performance features. Click the link or icon to access data.
- Review Status – Displays the number of content itmes that the student has marked as Reviewed. Click the link for a detailed view of content items reviewed.
- Adaptive Release – Clicking this icon opens the Course Map, showing every content item in the course. Icons beside each item in the Course Map indicate the visibility of an item to the student, and the review status of any items with a review requirement (if any).
- Discussion Board –Displays the number of posts for a student. Click the link to display which forums the student has posted to and statistics about each post. Forum names link to a collection of posts for the user.
- Customize Retention Center: Displays the number of alerts and the total number of rules for a student. Click the link to open the Retention Center page for the student.
- View Grades - Provides a link to the Grade Center.
Performance Dashboard (Blackboard video 1:40)
Retention Center (Blackboard video 4:30)