1. How many grams of Al2(SO4)3 will be required to prepare 300 mL of 0.200 M Al2(SO4)3?
2. If 12 grams of NaOH are dissolved in enough water to give 500 mL of solution, calculate the molarity of the solution.
3. If 200 mL of 0.30 M Na2SO4 are evaporated to dryness, how many grams of dry sodium sulfate will be obtained?
4. What is the molarity of the sodium hydroxide in an alkaline solution which is 11% NaOH and the solution has a density of 1.23?
11 The metabolism of glucose yields CO2 and water. Solid LiOH is used in space vehicles to absorb the carbon dioxide gas. How many grams of LiOH would be needed to absorb the carbon dioxide produced from the metabolism of 31 grams of glucose, C6H12O6 ?
___ C6H12O6 + ___ O2 ___ CO2 + ___ H2O
___ CO2 + ___ LiOH ___ Li2CO3 + ___ H2O
12. The distinctive odor of vinegar is due to acetic acid. Acetic acid reacts with barium hydroxide to produce water and barium acetate. What is the percent acetic acid , by weight, in the vinegar, if it takes 34.9 mL of 0.09 M Ba(OH)2 to react with the acetic acid in 5 mL of vinegar? The density of vinegar is 0.96 grams of vinegar per cc.
____ Ag+ + ____ AsO4-3 _____ Ag3 AsO4
If it took 25.0 mL of 0.102 M Ag+ to precipitate all of the arsenate, what was the percent arsenic in the pesticide?
14. Federal regulations set an upper limit of 50 ppm of NH3 in the air in a work environment (parts per million, 50 mL of NH3 per 1 x 106 mL of air). The density of pure NH3(g) at room temperature is 0.771 grams per liter. Air from a manufacturing operation was drawn through a solution containing 100 mL of 0.0105 M HCl. The ammonia reacts with the hydrochloric acid as follows.
NH3(g) + HCl(aq) NH4Cl(aq)
It took 10 minutes drawing air containing the ammonia through the hydrochloric acid solution at a rate of 11 liters of air per minute, to consume all of the to consume all of the HCl(aq) . How many ppm of ammonia is in the manufactures air? Is the manufacturer incompliance with regulations?