Registration is now open!
(See the Register page for all valid discounts.)
Weather forecast for race day is 60 degrees and sunny!
All net proceeds benefit College of DuPage scholarships
Whether you want to be competitive or just benefit from the moral support of others, participating as a team in the Laps with the Chaps Sunset 5K Run/Walk is the way to go. The deadline to register as a team of at least 3 people is Monday, October 14 at 5 p.m.
All teams will be registered for the following categories:
- Best Score — Average of top three team members' times
- Best Team Name — Decided on race day by the 5K planning committee
- Best Visual Representation of College of DuPage Pride — Based on costumes, props,
etc. Decided on race day by the 5K planning committee
What are the benefits of forming a team?
- $5 off the race registration price. (This discount may be combined with other discounts.)
- Free professional team photo on race day emailed within one week of event. (All team members must check in at the registration table no later than 3:00 p.m. in order for this to happen.)
- The chance to spend a fun day with friends and family, while raising money for scholarships.
- The Grand Prize! All winning team members will receive a certificate for a free 60-minute massage
from Advanced Wellness Clinic.
How do I sign up for a team?
- Decide on at least three people to be on the team, choose a captain, and a team name. Additional participants can be added until the deadline date, Friday, October 17 at 10 p.m.
- Register as a team member or captain at active.com.
- $5.00 discount is applied at checkout
- Teams can be comprised of anyone, internal or external to the College.
- Team names can be changed at any time. Must contact Ami Chambers at (630) 942-3823
- Team Captains can view and communicate with members through the registration website at www.active.com/teams.
- Winning teams will be announced after the 5K in "Sunset Race Village".
- If you decide to focus on the lighthearted competitions (Best Team Name or Representation of COD Pride), make sure to do everything you can to stand out! That is how you will be judged by the 5K Planning Committee members. Think about jazzing up your Laps with the Chaps t-shirts, wearing funny hats, or outrageous socks, etc.
- Even more details will be provided as the race draws nearer.
For More Information:
Laps With the Chaps 2012
College of DuPage hosted its second annual Laps With the Chaps 5K Run/Walk on Saturday, October 20, 2012.
2014 College of DuPage