Food Truck Rally & Sunset 5K
THE BIG DAY: Saturday, October 13, 2018
RACE DAY PACKET PICK-UP TIME EXTENDED
Tomorrow's weather forecast is 55 degrees and mostly sunny. Perfect for an autumn Sunset 5K! We believe this has led to a surge in registrations and we want to make sure everyone can get their packets.
Race day packet pick-up has been extended and will now take place from 1 to 3 p.m. See map here for location of 5K Headquarters.
The registration fee goes up to $35 tomorrow, so get your friends, family members, butcher, and dentist to sign up now for the low, low price of $30.
Please note: Food Trucks will only serve those with VIP passes until 2 p.m., at which point they open to the general public. See below for Food Truck Rally Rally VIP Groupon sale information.
Food Truck Rally: 2 to 8 p.m.
Kid Zone/Touch-A-Truck: 2 to 7 p.m.
5K start time: 4:30 p.m.
100-Yard Youth Dash start time: 3:30 p.m.
View full schedule, including entertainment, here!
- Sample inspired cuisine from 15 of the area's best food trucks
- Scenic, paved 5K course with predicted pace lineup
- Touch-A-Truck, pumpkin painting, and lots of other free kids activities
- Party on with School of Rock and tons of other stage entertainment
- The things that matter: Ample parking and nearby, indoor, and really clean restrooms
- $100 Visa gift card awarded to Top Overall male and female runners, and "Middle of the Pack" winner
NO NEED TO REGISTER FOR THE RACE to participate in the food truck rally.
*NEW THIS YEAR*... VIP Passes!
FLASH GROUPON on sale now!
Normally $10 per person, you'd pay:
$13 for 2 passes
$24 for 4 passes
$33 for 6 passes
- Early entrance at 1 p.m. (read as "less lines"!)
- Reserved, nearby parking
- Special lanyard to wear at the event and look like a rock star
- Voting rights for your favorite food truck
In honor of the upcoming spooky holiday, we're holding the first-ever COD Sunset costume contests at 6:15 p.m.
Ages 0 through 11:
Each child in 0-11 age group will parade on stage. Parents may accompany young children. First 30 in line get a giant LED foam baton for participation.
Ages 12 through 17, and 18+:
First 10 contestants in line for each age group will be judged from the stage according to originality, attention to detail, and receive an overall score. (The remaining contestants will have a chance to walk across the stage after each contest.)
Ages 12 through 17 years old: $50 movie pass
Ages 18+: $100 Visa gift card
- Costumes must be family friendly.
- Absolutely no shooting weapons.
- Event organizers reserve the right to reject an entry based on inappropriate, unsafe, or illegal behavior and/or violations of the family friendly nature of the contest.
- All judges' decisions are final.
SO WHERE DO THE PROCEEDS GO?
Student scholarships, of course! Each of the 15 public high school districts served by COD has a dedicated scholarship for their graduates who choose to attend COD and access a world-class education without exorbitant loans.
When you register for either the 5K Run/Walk or the 100-Yard Youth Dash, designate your race fee to the high school district of your choice.
Thank you for making the 2017 COD Food Truck Rally & Sunset 5K such a huge success!
- Very *warm* memories captured in this video!
- Review all the 5K action on the Flickr Gallery.
- Smile! Check out photos of fans and the Cubs Trophy!
- Stay tuned on Facebook!
For More Information:
Saturday, October 13, 2018
COD Food Truck Rally & Sunset 5K
Join thousands of your closest friends on Saturday, October 13, 2018 at College of DuPage's Food Truck Rally and 8th annual Sunset 5K Run/Walk. This is a not-to-be-missed west suburban event featuring more than 15 sought-after food trucks, a robust Touch-A-Truck for kids of all ages, and a perfectly paved 5K course on a gorgeous fall day.
College of DuPage
425 Fawell Blvd., Glen Ellyn IL, 60137
(630) 942-2800 (Main)
(630) 942-3000 (Student Services)
2018 College of DuPage